Lobuche Peak and Ama Dablam combination; 1 April – 28 April & 26 October - 22 November 2023 & 2024 Cost: $8,350 Offers a unique opportunity to learn glacier and technical skills before heading on to climb Ama Dablam - Asia's most famous rock, ice, and snow peak, Matterhorn of the Himalaya Located just 15 km / 10 miles from Everest. Among the most photographed peaks in the world. Everything for the novice to the expert climber. Beautiful rock is solid granite "scrambling". Basecamp is located in a lovely grassy meadow. The hardest pitch is 12 metres / 40 feet of French class 4, British Severe, or North American 5.7. You will be following, not leading, on secure fixed ropes. Test yourself to 7000 metres / 23,000 feet. Friendly leaders, good teachers, technically accomplished. Before and during the expedition, leader Dan and the Sherpas will check your equipment, and train together with you, reviewing all needed skills on small easy cliffs around the warm and sunny basecamp. Climbing Ama Dablam qualifies you for Everest, Gasherbrum, Manaslu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, and K2.
- British, European, and American leader
- Expert climbing Sherpas for the group (personal Sherpas available upon request)
- Full service trek to base camp with all teahouses and all meals
- Round trip return flights for you and your gear from KTM-Lukla and Lukla to KTM
- Personal equipment check in KTM and guided shopping trips for renting/hiring and purchasing
- Meeting you at the airport and airport transfer to the hotel
- Yak transport of all equipment to and from basecamp
- Skillful base camp cooks
- Three meals each day, on trek, in basecamp, and at high altitude above basecamp
- Group emergency equipment, medical equipment and satellite phone
- Private tents in basecamp (no sharing)
- Comfortable base camp with dining mess tent, tables and chairs, showers, bathroom, and solar charger
- Guided training on cliffs and glaciers around basecamp
- All ropes, tents and high altitude climbing equipment.
- Full high altitude service to the summit and back
- All permit fees and liaison officers
- Two nights stay in a good quality comfortable Kathmandu hotel on arrival and two nights prior to departure in a double room. Private rooms are available for a small additional fee.
- International flights to/from Kathmandu
- Mountain climbing rescue and travel insurance
- Personal climbing equipment and clothing
- Gratuities for staff
- Nepalese visa