The Everest base camp trek is widely heralded as the best trek in the world, and for good reason. This trek takes you from Kathmandu by plane to Lukla at the head of the Khumbu valley. From there you trek roughly 40 miles/70 km through the lush green pastures, blossoming Rhododendron forests, up into the most precipitous mountain terrain one can imagine. En route to Everest base camp you get to experience the famous Sherpa culture and hospitality while taking in the views of literally the tallest mountains on earth. At Everest Base Camp Proper you will spend 2x nights in our Expedition Camp, with the opportunity to do a beginner friendly ice climbing/mountaineering skills clinic in the lower part of the Khumbu Glacier, time to hang out in the famed ‘Big House’ Dome complete with unlimited cappuccinos from the world’s highest cafe, play a game of the world’s highest ping pong table! and relax taking in vistas over the icefall. After your unique stay at Base Camp, you will retrace your steps back down valley, before flying back to Kathmandu, and onward home.
day 1: Day 1: Arrival Day
Arrive in KTM at anytime, our team will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Today is a pure arrival day, relax and shake off the jetlag
day 2: Day 2: Guide Briefing and Gear Check - Kathmandu
We meet for breakfast at the hotel, before the guides conduct gear checks and give a trip briefing. The afternoon is free for you to explore Kathmandu.
day 3: Day 3: Fly to the Khumbu | Trek to Phakding
We fly into the famous Lukla airport, before beginning our trek in earnest. Today we trek to Phakding on the river. Teahouse accommodation
day 4: Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar
We tackle the infamous Namche Hill to the Sherpa Capital of Namche Bazaar
day 5: Day 5: Rest/Acclimatize in Namche
We do a gently acclimatization hike above Namche, and allow our bodies to play catch up. Free afternoon to explore the town.
day 6: Day 6: Trek to Tengboche
We continue our trek up the Khumbu to Tengboche, arriving at one of the worlds' most famous monasteries where climbers will receive the High Lamas blessing for a safe and successful Everest climb
day 7: Day 7: Rest/Acclimatize in Tengboche
We climb up above Tengboche, looking down on the monastery that we will visit in the afternoon to receive a blessing by the monks.
day 8: Day 8: Trek to Pheriche
We continue our trek, climbing high above the vegetation line to the outpost of Pheriche.
day 9: Day 9: Rest/Acclimatize Pheriche
We climb high above Pheriche, getting spectacular views of Ama Dablam and the surrounding Himalaya. In the afternoon we visit the Himalayan Rescue Association medical centre where the doctors give us a high altitude medicine seminar
day 10: Day 10: Trek to Lobuche Base Camp
We get off the beaten tourist trail and have our first night under the stars at Lobuche East Base Camp. A 6000m peak that the Everest climbers summit as a warm up round and to shake out their skills before heading to Everest
day 11: Day 11: Acclimatization hike to Lobuche High Camp
Today we have the option of scrambling up and hiking to Lobuche High Camp which boasts some of the best views of the trek and is great for our acclimatization before descending back to Lobuche Base Camp for the night.
day 12: Day 12: Trek to Gorakshep
The last town on the trail - Gorakshep is our last stop before we hit Everest Base Camp.
day 13: Day 13: Trek to Everest Base Camp Proper!
Today we trek all the way to Everest Base Camp. We don't stop at Trekkers Rock (like 99% of trekkers do) but continue on, into the heart of Base Camp where the true action is. Being part of a summit climbing expedition team means we can sleep in the tents on the glaciers with the climbers!
day 14: Day 14: Everest Base Camp Explore & Ice Climbing Clinic
This morning we have the opportunity to partake in a beginner friendly ice climbing clinic on the lower part of the Khumbu Glacier below the famous icefall. We experience what it is to be an Everest climber! This afternoon we take a gentle walk and enjoy the facilities Base Camp has to offer, like the world's highest cafe and play the world's highest game of Ping Pong in the Big House!
day 15: Day 15: Kala Pattar & Descend to Pheriche
Waving goodbye to Base Camp, we set out early to climb Kala Pattar. From the summit, you can see Everest in her entirety and it is a great photo opportunity. We trace our steps back to Pheriche for the night.
day 16: Day 16: Descend to Namche
Leaving early, we trek from Pheriche back to Namche. Celebrate with a pint at the world's highest pub!
day 17: Day 17: Descend to Lukla
We drop back down Namche Hill, along the river and then up to Lukla, ready to fly in the morning.
day 18: Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu
Today we fly Lukla back to Kathmandu. CTSS covers 1x night of accommodation back in Kathmandu
day 19: Day 19: Contingency
We add a contingency day in case of weather delays on the trek or flying in and out of Lukla.
day 20: Day 20: Fly Home
It's time to bid farewell and fly home. Our team will transport you back to KTM airport. You can book your flight for any time today.
- Return airport transfers
- 3x nights of twin share accommdation in Kathmandu
- Domestic flights to and from Lukla
- Twin share tea house accommodation on the trek
- Full expedition logistics and in country transport
- Professional trek guide/s
- Porter & Yak support
- Park Fees and trekking permits
- Breakfast daily
- All meals while in the Khumbu valley
- 2x nights camping at Lobuche Base Camp
- 2x nights camping at Everest Base Camp Proper
Our treks are fully inclusive except for items/services of a personal nature. Please take note that the following is not included:
- International flights to Kathmandu, Nepal
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Associated travel expenses including: Visa, Passport, Reciprocity Fees, Vaccination Charges, Excess Baggage
- In town (Kathmandu) meals
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary or additional days before or after the scheduled program including helicopter departures
- Single supplement rooming (available on request)
- Personal trekking equipment, clothing, toiletries, snack food, etc.
- Personal sundries including but not limited to; non-team meals while in Kathmandu, personal snacks, alcoholic beverages, laundry services, third party internet, medical expenses, gratuities, email or phone charges, bottled water and boiled water, specialty coffees and bakery items, showers at teahouses
- Sherpa tip pool
- Guide tips (customary but optional)
- Satellite telephone air charges & 3rd party base camp Wi-Fi
- Costs incurred as a result of events beyond the control of CTSS above and beyond the normal expedition costs
- Required travel insurance policy (for trip cancellation, interruption, rescue & evacuation, medical treatment, repatriation etc.)
- Unused contingency days at the end of your program (CTSS covers 2x nights in Kathmandu at the beginning of your expedition and 1x night at the end)
Everest Base Camp (Nepal)